TRUSTED LEADERSHIP FOR MARTINSBURG:
- Successfully authored and passed several major pieces of legislation, including raising the minimum wage, allowing Martinsburg to enter the Home Rule Pilot Program, pay raises for local teachers and school service personnel, and the Small Business Emergency Act.
- Local small business owner who creates real jobs here at home and knows what it takes to bring more business to our area.
- A strong advocate for quality education, smaller class sizes, and emphasizes more teaching, less testing.
- Established dyslexia as a learning disability that West Virginia schools must acknowledge to help children with this learning disability receive a quality education.
- Passed legislation protecting children from child predators and stiffening penalties for child abuse.
REAL SOLUTIONS FOR THE EASTERN PANHANDLE:
- A bi-partisan, comprehensive approach to curing and combating our devastating opioid epidemic by working together with families, doctors, law enforcement, teachers, and elected officials.
- Fighting for more funding for the Blue Ridge CTC that is currently funded at the lowest level in West Virginia.
- Advocating phasing out the equipment and inventory tax to attract more companies to our area to create more good paying jobs.
- Helping seniors by increasing the homestead exemption.
- Leading the charge to improve our infrastructure, including roads and high-speed internet, to attract more jobs and improve our quality of life.
- Working to make Berkeley County schools competitive with neighboring states by establishing “locality pay”.
- Championing women’s equality and fair pay.